10 years of Can Cook!
This week, we celebrate our tenth birthday. We’re reflecting on some of our acheivements over the years, and some of the things that make us special..
1. From humble beginnings.. since setting up back in 2007 with a chef and a camping stove, we’ve taught almost 15,000 people to cook.
2. Our youngest cookery student was 4 years old, and our oldest (so far) was 84!
3. Our 17 strong staff team produce and deliver thousands of good, fresh meals to customers, every week.
4. We are committed to supporting local retailers and producers – 75% of our ingredients come from local sources, including fresh meat from Bexley’s Butchers.
5. Each week, we use almost 2 tonnes of fresh produce in our dishes. That’s the same as a White Rhino!
6. Every single meal we sell contains a contribution to feeding people in food poverty in Merseyside through the Share Your Lunch campaign – over the past 7 months, we’ve distributed around 12,000 meals to hungry people.
7. The combined kitchen experience of our chefs is 105 years, so they certainly know a thing or two about food!
8. Our partrnership with the Liverpool Echo has provided thousands of people in food poverty across the Liverpool City Region with good fresh meals – this is the first time anybody has done this in the UK.
9. Our first ever cookery demonstration was salmon and noodles – made on a camping stove by our Head Chef, Tony.
10. Our cookery studio in Garston was opened in 2009 by the best defender LFC has ever had – the one and only, Jamie Carragher.